I rant a lot, mainly about the crap I hate. And rightly so, it is crap, after all. But I think I should just talk about what I like, currently in Marvel and DC, since I love both so much. Oooo, you wittle cuties! So,
30 THINGS I LOVE (platonically!) ABOUT MARVEL:
30. Zemo - The man who engineered the Avengers' Worst Day Ever is now one of the noblest heroes in Marvel. Questioning everything he's been taught since he was a child, Zemo strives to find a way to be worthy of the potential he was born with.
29. New Avengers - Yeah, they probably couldn't stop Galactus if he came hungry, but damn if I don't like the underground heroes who refuse to be owned by the government. While it's an interesting development, I can't wait until they're redeemed in the eyes of the public and give Iron Man a boot to the ass.
27. Mulitverse - Microverse, Negative Zone, Akron, etc. Marvel has never had a problem with alternate realities.
26. World War Hulk - Kick some Iron ass!
24. Devil Dinosaur & Moon Boy - Marvel's craziest ideas don't need to fight for their existence.
22. Spider-Man's rogue gallery - Anyone of them can be a handful for any hero and the fact Spider-Man fights them everyday, and sometimes six at a time, makes him one of the greatest heroes around.
21. Thunderbolts - While I am still opposed to the changes to the team and rally against the nonsensical deployment of hardened murderers against superheroes, I have never had a reason to cheer on Jack Flag or American Eagle. Now, I do.
19. Punisher MAX - Because Ennis needs the oultet.
18. Daredevil - I have never envied and pitied someone's life as much as I have Matt Murdock's. And he always keeps fighting, no 'Daredevil No More'.
14. She-Hulk - Hilarious and ingenious.
13. Moon Knight - He leaves his mark on criminals. With a board. On their faces.
12. The Sentry's origin - There aren't enough origin stories that start, "I was trying to get high when..."
10. Cable & Deadpool - I can't stress enough about how well written, how funny, and how much frakkin' fun this book is. Nicieza tells stories deep mutli-layered stories, even the ones staring Deadpool.
09. X-Factor - Peter David reinvents the team but keeps the angst and humor. Plus, is there any character better reinvented than Jamie Maddrox?
07. Nextwave - Insane...ly fantastic.
06. Galactus - A giant purple armored man in a skirt eats planets. Badass. And his herald's pretty cool, too.
02. Astonishing X-Men - The Best.
Next time, I run down what I like about DC, the high points because I like a lot about both but can't really see making a list of 200 Reasons I Love Marvel/DC.