ADVANTAGE: AWESOME


Thursday, March 1, 2007

Change is....



Being a comic book fan in the nation's capitol, you have to get used to some things. Mainly that your favorite store may not be there the following week. Such is the case with mine, except(bright side!) it's only moving.


Still, the store in Georgetown was my destination every Wednesday (sometimes Thursday, damn holidays) and I will miss it. And I guess U St.'s not that bad. I'll see Saturday. Well goodbye, Georgetown store. It won't be the same without you.



Well, that's done, time for rantin'.


Everybody is so hot for Guggenheim to come and clean up The Flash:The Fastest Man Alive, but I have read issue 9 and I am not impressed. Unfunny banter and outdated costumes aside, this story was kind of lame. Yes, Bart is no longer the mopey whiner who didn't want to be Flash unless he could rescue the girl he had a crush on, but now he's in a relationship with problems that seem to spring from nowhere. And I don't know about the rest of you, but when I see Arsenal, I don't think he's "a giant working astride the Earth." You would think a guy who single-handedly held back a psycho Superboy stronger than SuperMAN wouldn't have such an inferiority complex. And Bart, if Steppenwolf is out of your league, so is the Justice League.

No comments: