ADVANTAGE: AWESOME


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

DC Keeps My Money...For Now

For the past few months, I have been whittling down my monthly pull list. Not due to budget constraints, but because a lot of books were starting to suck. The majority of those books were from DC Comics.

After War of the Supermen, I was looking forward to having Superman back on Earth, being Super and what not, but as anyone who read Superman #700 can attest, that is not the case. So, I was wondering if I'd be dropping the other books in the Superman family. I dumped Adventure when it became nouveau-Golden Age Legion of Super-Heroes; I was getting it because I thought Superboy Connor would be the series star. Action Comics was staying on because Paul Cornell's Wisdom and Captain Britain and MI:13 were brilliant, and making the book about Lex Luthor is inspired. But what about Supergirl?
I have mixed feelings about Sterling Gates run. While he was building a solid foundation for the character, every so often Gates would have Supergirl do something so incomprehensibly stupid, I wanted to smack him AND her. Add that to the fact that I wouldn't be reading about Superman at all for at least a year, I couldn't think of a reason to really stay with this title. Then this happened:

You got me, Gates. You got me.

No comments: